Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Shameless Promotion of My Little Brother

This post won't focus on me or what I'm up to. Instead it will be (relatively) short and sweet, and it will be (mostly) about my little brother.
Backpacking during the summer of 2013. 

Since I left home eight months ago, Jeremy has grown so much, both personally and vertically. I thought that the two of us always shared a passion for nature and for the environment, but after a semester at Conserve School, Jeremy has found more true passion in that than I imagined possible. He's has also become independent, focused and determined, and he knows who he is. 

He's much cooler than I ever realized. 

Jeremy has plain grown up. It's hard for me that I haven't been around for these transformations, but I am endlessly proud of him. And I'm so inspired by all that he's doing.

I've been so lucky to have had these past eight months to travel, explore, volunteer, and be independent. I, too, have grown immensely. And I'm so grateful for each opportunity I've had.

Now Jeremy is ready to take on his own journey. Every single time that I've Skyped with him over the last three months, Jeremy has talked on and on about a bike trip he's planning. He messaged me on Facebook one afternoon, so excited at having finally purchased maps for this trip. He has literally spent more than three months planning this adventure, dreaming about it, talking about, and now training for it. He has put hours and hours and hours into making this idea become a reality. It's exciting. 

But travel is way expensive. I've been able to make my gap year possible through savings, but mostly though working two jobs this past summer, for a total of 53 hours a week. It's not easy. 

With Jeremy's dream now becoming more and more tangible, he's realized how much it is going to cost. That's why he's asking for support.

Please at least visit Jeremy's (and his biking buddy, Espoir's,) Indiegogo fundraising page. They have less than a month to reach their funding goal, and are off to a good start. Please consider supporting them. Jeremy is truly committed to this trip, and I want so much to see it happen.

Should Jeremy and Espoir be able to afford the trip, they will be regularly keeping a blog. The end of my blogging will coincide nicely with the time that Jeremy's will begin. Jeremy is a wonderful writer, and I truly can't wait to hear about his adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment